If you have opened a magazine or read a beauty blog in the last few weeks then you already know that contouring is OUT, this summer its all about STROBING!!! Put to one side your contouring palettes, all you need for this technique is an illuminator – my favourite is the Shimmering Skin Perfector from Becca.
I reviewed the Becca Illuminator some months ago here but little did I know then, that this would be the most important product in my stash this summer. If the Becca product is a little pricey for your budget though, don’t worry, the Revlon Photoready Skinlights are around half the price of the Becca and would also be perfect for this technique.
So how exactly do you use it?
1. First make sure your skin is clean and well moisturised. This is a fresh natural look so you want your skin to be plump and dewy.
2. Next take your Illuminator and dot it everywhere the sun would hit – Along your cheekbones, Above and below the arch of your eyebrows On your cupid’s bow Down the middle of your nose
In the centre of your chin
3. Pat to lightly blend.
4. Apply your foundation with a stippling brush to avoid any movement of the illuminator.
5. Apply concealer to under eye area and any blemishes.
6. Finally powder only those areas which have not been illuminated – the centre of the forehead, bridge of the nose, sides of the nose and around the jawline.
And there you have it – a beautiful, modern glowing complexion.