Wednesday, 17 December 2014
Everyone has heard of Eve Lom, the iconic skincare brand – and of all the products in their range, this must be the hero, the one everyone has heard of, the original balm, the Eve Lom cleanser. We all understand a balm cleanser these days, even the more budget friendly skincare lines carry them, but in it’s day the Eve Lom Cleanser was truly innovative.It certainly isn’t a budget option at around £34 for 50mls but for me it is worth every penny.
So let me tell you why I love it so much?
- First up it smells absolutely amazing. A herby, aromatic blend of Egyptian chamomile, hops, clove and eucalyptus, it is different to any other product out there.
- Next, it is a pleasure to use. A balm in the pot, it melts into an oil between your fingers, then glides over your face with absolutely no pulling or tugging.
- Furthermore it does what it says on the jar – cleansing your face beautifully, removing all traces of makeup – even waterproof mascara, but never stinging or irritating the skin.
- It makes facial massage an absolute pleasure – if you want to know how, read my step by step guide here.
- When used with the muslin cloth provided, it gently exfoliates my skin leaving it looking younger and fresher.
- It never dries out or strips my skin. On the contrary it leaves it looking plump and glowy.
- Finally, a little goes a long, long way so although it costs a bit to buy, I have convinced myself it is an absolute bargain.
Vogue called the Eve Lom Cleanser “probably the best cleanser in the world”. I would tend to agree. What do you think? If you haven’t tried this cleanser yet, I highly recommend you check it out here.