Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
Younique Moonstruck 3D Fibre Lashes - the Best Mascara in the World
There has been a buzz going round the blogosphere lately - about a mascara that is rumoured to give AMAZING results, making even the shortest and stumpiest lashes look spectacular. I have without doubt the shortest, straightest and stumpiest lashes ever. Even the best mascara is wasted on me. Literally nothing I have ever tried has made my lashes look half way decent - except wearing a pair or two of falsies...
So I was very, very interested in trying this mascara and jumped at the opportunity of reviewing it for you all.
My first impressions were really, really positive. The packaging of this product is simply lovely. It comes in a textured case that reminded me of a designer sunglasses case with the company name and logo embossed on the top. The case is lined with a suede effect fabric and nestled inside are two tubes of products - the Moonstruck Transplanting Gel and the Moonstruck Natural Fibres.
So how does it work? Well I have read different people recommending different techniques but here is what I do.
1. Curl your lashes. I don't care how blessed you are in the lash department, curling them opens up your eyes and makes them look bigger. Always good!
2. Apply the Transplanting Gel as you would a regular mascara, in a thin coat applied from root to tip. This step is made really easy by this lovely big brush.
3. While the gel is still wet, apply a coat of fibres. I have learned through practise to keep this coat thin too.
4. Some people have spoken about getting a lot of fall out with this product but I deal with that by leaving the coat of fibres until it is completely dry then setting it with a generous layer of the transplanting gel.
5. If I am just going to work I stop there but if I am getting a bit more dolled up, I repeat the process as often as necessary to get the lashes I want.
So on the right is a naked eye - on the left, one coat of fibres. Pretty impressive huh?
And here is the difference between the naked eye on the right and two coats of fibres on the left.
But just look at the difference here between the naked eye on the right and the eye with three coats of fibres on the left.
Just spectacular I think.
So how much does it cost. I really thought that a product which delivered such incredible results would have an equally incredible price tag but the Younique Moonstruck 3D Fibre Lashes sell for just £23 for both products which is comparable with any other high end mascara. And this is not just any mascara - this is false lashes in a tube.
So if you want the look of false lashes without the faff of applying them, then try the Moonstruck 3D Fibre Lashes from Younique here. I could not recommend them more x
Share this post