If you are a regular around these parts, you will know that for the last few weeks I have been trying to improve my health and fitness by moving more and eating better. Previously I would have made radical changes to the foods I eat which from experience leads to a cycle of me feeling deprived, craving the foods I am avoiding and ultimately to binging. To avoid this unhealthy spiral, this time I am attempting to improve my diet by experimenting with my favourite meals, and finding ways to make them more nutritious and less calorific whilst keeping them as yummy as the original. I am sure I can’t be the only one who is hoping to lose
a few A LOT of pounds before this years party season so I thought I would share with you my favourite menu makeovers. Today my friends, I bring you Healthier Spaghetti Carbonara.
To serve 4 you will need:
- 400g brown rice pasta (wholemeal pasta is fine if you can’t get the brown rice version).
- 6 medallions of bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 3 eggs
- 120g grated parmesan
- Put the pasta into boiling water that has been salted.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips then fry in a couple of squirts of Fry Light or dry fry in a non stick pan.
- Beat the eggs then add to the grated parmesan and crushed garlic.
- When the pasta is cooked to your taste, drain the water and rest for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the pasta stirring well.
- Add the bacon strips and toss to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Season to taste.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. If you do try my healthier spaghetti carbonara, then why not post a photo of it on Instagram or Twitter and tag me – on twitter I am @thejulieellen and on Instagram @imjulieellen.
It would totally make my day x